A compete, high level view of the electrical system on a modern cruising sailboat. I put together a gigantic diagram and talk in detail about each component of the system, and how everything interacts to supply the electrical demand on a modern cruising sailboat. Topics covered in this video:
1) A project recap of the installation of our LIFePO4 Lithium Batteries, inverter, battery monitoring system, and switching to electric induction cooking on a sailboat.
2) A complete walk through of the electrical system of a modern cruising boat. Starting at the power sources (wind, solar, hydro, generator, and dock) Brian explains each part of the system and how everything works together.
3) We discuss the role of charge controllers and how important of a role they play.
4) How much power can we generated with wind and solar?
5) Just how noisy are wind generators?
6) 1 Year review of our Induction Stove and Electric oven and how it’s worked out.
For more details on the gear used for our electrical upgrades please visit:
Please subscribe to support our videos!
Tunes in this episode!
Music is one of the hardest things about bringing our episodes together!
Check out Epidemic Sound to make your life easier 🙂